How to Dampen That UrgeThere are seven major coping skills to help you fight that urge to smoke. These tips are designed for you, the new nonsmoker, to help you nurture the nonsmoking habit.
1. Think about why you quitGo back to your list of reasons for quitting. Look at this list several times a dayespecially when you are hit with the urge to smoke. The best reasons you could have for quitting are very personally yours, and these are also the best reasons to stay a nonsmoker.
2. Know when you are rationalizingIt is easy to rationalize yourself back into smoking (see Common Rationalizations). Don't talk yourself into smoking again. A new nonsmoker in a tense situation may think, "I'll just have one cigarette to calm myself down." If thoughts like this pop into your head, stop and think again! You know better ways to relax nonsmokers ways, such as taking a walk or doing breathing exercises.
Concern about gaining weight may also lead to rationalizations. Learn to counter thoughts such as, "I'd rather be thin, even if it means smoking." Remember that a slight weight gain is not likely to endanger your health as much as smoking would. (Cigarette smokers have about a 70-percent higher rate of premature death than nonsmokers.) And review the list of healthy, low-calorie snacks that you used when quitting.
3. Anticipate Triggers and Prepare to Avoid ThemBy now you know which situations, people, and feelings are likely to tempt you to smoke. Be prepared to meet these triggers head on and counteract them. Keep using the skills that helped you cope in cutting down and quitting:
4. Reward yourself for not smokingCongratulations are in order each time you get through a day without smoking. After a week, give yourself a pat on the back and a reward of some kind. Buy a new record or treat yourself to a movie or concert. No matter how you do it, make sure you reward yourself in some way. It helps to remind yourself that what you are doing is important.
5. Use positive thoughtsIf self-defeating thoughts start to creep in, remind yourself again that you are a nonsmoker, that you do not want to smoke, and that you have good reasons for it. Putting yourself down and trying to hold out using willpower alone are not effective coping techniques. Mobilize the power of positive thinking!
6. Use relaxation techniquesBreathing exercises help to reduce tension. Instead of having a cigarette, take a long deep breath, count to 10, and release it. Repeat this 5 times. See how much more relaxed you feel?
7. Get social supportThe commitment to remain a nonsmoker can be made easier by talking about it with friends and relatives. They can congratulate you as you check off another day, week, and month as a nonsmoker. Tell the people close to you that you might be tense for a while, so they know what to expect. They'll be sympathetic when you have an urge to smoke and can be counted on to help you resist it. Remember to call on your friends when you are lonely or you feel an urge to smoke. A buddy system is a great technique.
Table of Contents: |
|[Quit Smoking Start Page] [Previous] [Next]|
Rather than paying directly for the Masters Path of Winning and Road For A Healthy Life:
How sweet it is: Reduce starvation, and more, with FREE CLICKS. Sponsors pay for each click - Wow!
What goes up, must come down, what goes around comes around. Help the helpless, to see the action.
When you save lives, you can be ENTIRELY confident that the universe will repay you, & generously.
If you knew better, you would do better. The Masters Path of Winning imitates those who do.
Cease forming opinions before thinking. If your opinion was right, you would be a master now.
Use of the Road For A Healthy Life and Masters Path of Winning virtually assures your mastery.
From today, remember to imitate masters, and THEN innovate with your knowledge and experience.
Trading just one of every ten chatty, petty minutes for ONE minute of your greatest thinking profits you.
The best opinions you can benefit from are opinions of those who have repeatedly out-succeeded the rest.
The Masters Path of Winning is YOUR journey of self-empowerment, with YOUR Godfather of EyeCandy, etc.
Employ the great shortcuts of masters and millionaires, great shortcuts of champions and billionaires,
and, provably, YOUR shortcuts to succeeding. The Masters Path of Winning is here for your life.
Much of the Masters Path of Winning is based on secrets of masters and millionaires.
Mimicking the actions of masters and millionaires, we tend to imitate their results.
Until you replicate their results, or nearly so, your opinion is counter-profitable.
Get it first from the mouth of the horse, imitate, & THEN might you innovate.
This is a decidedly powerful master secret of the universe, a top shortcut.
Excellence is not known to happen by accident, so, win intentionally.
Find more within yourself, and such rich, uncountable assets you now have access to.
Live YOUR Road For A Healthy Life and Masters Path of Winning using what you have.
Every day you waste is filled with minutes - opportunities - you cannot get back.
Conversely, each day that you fill with moments to remember, you need no refund.
Thus, living with excellence is a choice, one that you will find happens WITH PURPOSE.
Take the time to stop every single day to enumerate clearly the top five items of the day.
That's a high-speed approach to grabbing the Masters Path of Winning with both hands, hm?
Intentionally improving by ONE percent all that you need to repeat proves YOUR master secret.
Engage the Masters Path of Winning to accelerate your mastery, and the Masters Path of Winning will reciprocate.
Alleviating hunger, MOST ESPECIALLY in starving children, is among YOUR best and fastest shortcuts. Try it.
Put this to the test! Belief in the Masters Path of Winning is not required at all
Find helpless people or animals, and help them. The more anonymously you give, the more you get back.
How could you consider forming an opinion about anything you have not yet displayed any expertise in?
Our first and best step when we identify what we are determined to excel at is to identify true masters.
Once we imitate their steps, even their attitudes and words and questions and statements, WATCH!
Watch and see as each of us who uses this masterful formula imitates the results, or nearly so.
World records, broken-shattered countless numbers of times. Heed a voice of experience.
Most anything you ever master, or intend to, already has champions, true, or not?
Identify who does it best. Imitate what they do most often, imitate their results.
You get to choose who you imitate, just as you choose what you will master
Until you imitate their results, ALL opinions all-silent.
Use this high-speed master secret of your universe.
Magic results in one to twenty-one days for 99% of humans.
What you know is second to what you do with what you know.
Take back your precious minutes. Plan your daily hours in advance.
Imitate masters. Help the helpless. See what happens to YOUR profit.
Easing starvation, a purely preventable disease of greed, you will win.
Look at those living their own Masters Path of Winning and Road For A Healthy Life.
They win on purpose by imitating the best of the rest of us, and THEN innovating on it.
Are you sharp enough to count the fullest number of universal shortcuts in this Shapetalk?
Raise your IQ, rapidly, by merely hand-writing all of them, in your own words, repeatedly.
Before looking for new resources, first squeeze more from the brains and assets you possess.
Masters Path of Winning foundations and fundamentals are aimed at YOUR rapid and total winning.
helping you to help yourself. Learning more is a function of living more.
It is less important to stretch out the quantity of your years as it is the quality of your every day.
Look how many make it to their 70's and 80's... and feel so sick they wish they HADN'T made it.
Water, unheated oil, air-dried sea salt, friendly bacteria, such as found in kefir, and fiber.
Keep It Short & Sweet - The K.I.S.S. of success for extending Longevity in happier ways.
Live your Road For A Healthy Life see how the Road For A Healthy Life treats you.
Do not eat the foods that were prepared by humans who do not care about your health.
3,000,000 "food poisoning" trips to hospitals annually, almost all from human fecal bacteria.
Good food comes with the enzymes you need to digest it... until it is heated above 108 degrees.
Eating cooked food without digestive enzymes and HCL means your last twenty years will surely suck.
If a food product is advertised nationally, the Road For A Healthy Life most likely does not recommend it.
Insane prices pay for executive expenses and perks, salaries, luxuries and much price-elevating advertising.
We prove to be wiser & healthier when we make more use of our internal resources, such as breathing properly.
This one master secret of health alone has proven to impact dozens and dozens of our significant health challenges.
You only THINK you know how to breathe. The Road For A Healthy Life proves not. When did you last breathe deeply?
How many times have you exhaled all the way out, then, while thinking your lungs are empty, exhale even more air?
How fully you empty your lungs has an even larger influence on cleaning out toxins than how deeply you breathe in!
It is all true! When you think your lungs are empty, you usually retain another couple of quarts of dirty air inside.
So, the Road For A Healthy Life urges you to exhale deeply, then exhale more, before slowing breathing in.
Proper breathing does not replace good nutrition; it complements nutrition, reducing nutritional wants.
Doing this five or ten times per day will provide identifiable assistance to dozens of bodily functions,
not least of which are clearer, better thinking, more imagination, better lungs, immune system, etc.
From proper breathing techniques to BDORT and Quantum Reflex Analysis, your life is worth saving.
From the Road For A Healthy Life to countless other great resources, learn more in order to live more.
Masters Path of Winning, how to quit smoking MisterShortcut - the Masters Path of Winning |
how to quit smoking natural healing,how to quit smoking, The Masters Path of Winning, healing naturally.biofeedback, the Masters Path of Winning,Healing naturally with naturopathy.